Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Division and the FBI Violent Crimes Task Force have announced an arrest has been made in reference to multiple armed robbery of establishment offenses that occurred at the following locations:
- Armed Robbery (Gun): On Tuesday, June 18, 2019, in the 400 block of H Street, Northeast, at approximately 10:19 pm, the suspect entered an establishment at the listed location. The suspect brandished a handgun and demanded US currency from the cash register. The employee complied and the suspect fled the scene. After further investigation by detectives, it was found that a second suspect was involved as a lookout. This case remains under investigation. CCN: 19-106-525
- Armed Robbery (Gun): On Tuesday, June 25, 2019, in the 700 block of 8th Street, Southeast, at approximately 12:20 pm, two suspects forcibly entered an establishment at the listed location. Once inside, one suspect brandished a handgun and demanded the victim’s property. The victim complied and the suspects fled the scene. This case remains under investigation. CCN: 19-110-753
- Armed Robbery (Gun): On Saturday, June 29, 2019, in the 1300 block of Connecticut Avenue, Northwest, one of the suspects entered an establishment at the listed location, while another suspect remained outside. Once inside, the suspect approached an employee, brandished a gun and took US currency. The suspects then fled the scene in a vehicle. This case remains under investigation. CCN: 19-113-347
- Unlawful Entry: On Saturday, June 29, 2019, in the 1800 block of L Street, Northwest, at approximately 9:14 am, two suspects entered an establishment at the listed location. The suspects fled the scene. This case remains under investigation. CCN: 19-113-387
- Burglary Two: On Sunday, June 30, 2019, in the 900 block of Wharf Street, Southwest, at approximately 6:14 am, two suspects entered an establishment at the listed location. The suspects took property and fled the scene. This case remains under investigation. CCN: 19-114-572
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, pursuant to a US District Court arrest warrant, 62 year-old Maurice Jones, of Clinton, MD, was arrested and charged with three counts of Armed Robbery (Gun), one count of Burglary Two, and one count of Unlawful Entry.
The Metropolitan Police Department seeks the public’s assistance in locating a second suspect in reference to the above offenses. The suspect is described as a black male, medium complexion, 5’10”-6’0” in height, with a thin build, salt and pepper hair, and walks with a limp.
A surveillance camera captured the second suspect during an Armed Robbery of an Establishment (Gun) offense that occurred on Thursday, June 27, 2019, at approximately 2:58 pm, in the 500 block of 3rd Street, Northeast. The suspect can be seen in the photos below and in this video: https://youtu.be/MmdlySWbA_g
Anyone who can identify this individual or who has knowledge of these incidents should take no action but call police at (202) 727-9099 or text your tip to the Department's TEXT TIP LINE at 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for an armed robbery committed in the District of Columbia.