Graduation exercises for the 113th Recruit Class of the Baltimore County Fire-Rescue Academy were held Thursday night at Loch Raven High School.
The class comprises 26 graduates who this weekend will begin working at fire stations throughout the county. Twenty-three are Probationary Firefighters, and three are Probationary Paramedics.
Recruit Austin Luera received the Academic Achievement Award, given to the recruit with the highest grade point average.
Recruit Nicole Carter received the Isaac Burke Award, given to a recruit who with little experience in the fire service who has overcome personal obstacles to succeed during his/her time at the Academy.
Recruit Christopher Books was the class speaker.
The recruits and their station assignments are as follows:
- PM Matthew Coclough -- Texas
- PM Donald Hawkins -- Towson
- PM Jason Jackman -- Garrison
- PFF Bruce Adams Jr. -- Randallstown
- PFF Alex Berkeridge -- Eastview
- PFF Christopher Brooks -- Towson
- PFF Rebecca Budnick -- Golden Ring
- PFF Carlin Bullinger -- Golden Ring
- PFF Morgan Callan -- Brooklandville
- PFF Ivan Canizalez -- Fullerton
- PFF Nicole Carter -- Halethorpe
- PFF Haseeb Durrani -- Middle River
- PFF Rachel Flint -- Essex
- PFF Lucas Grutkowski -- Essex
- PFF Jessica Heinzelman -- Golden Ring
- PFF Troy Hooper Jr. -- Catonsville
- PFF Christopher Lloyd -- Essex
- PFF Austin Luera -- Brooklandville
- PFF Katlyn Phelps -- Fullerton
- PFF Lauren Pirchalski -- Woodlawn
- PFF Danielle Sayler -- Perry Hall
- PFF Steven Serraro -- Brooklandville
- PFF Branden Smith -- Golden Ring
- PFF Timothy Stem -- Fullerton
- PFF Jhalen Thompson -- Texas
- PFF D'Andre Wood -- Garrison