UPDATE (September 12, 2019 11:27 a.m.):
Three Additional Arrests Made in Cuellar Homicide
Baltimore County Police have made three additional arrests in the death of Daniel Alejandro Alvarado Cuellar outside an apartment building on Loch Raven Boulevard July 31. They are identified as follows:
- Hugo Leonel Martinez-Vasquez (22) of the 300 block of Limestone Valley Drive, 21030, held on no bond status following a bail review hearing yesterday
- Jose Alexi Villacorta-Rivas (19) of the 10000 block of Cranbrook Hills Place, 21030, held on no bond status pending a bail review hearing today
- Yoni Membreno-Parada (17) of the 10000 block of Cranbrook Hills Place, 21030, held on no bond status following a bail review hearing yesterday
All three suspects are currently held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center charged with first degree murder. No additional arrests are expected to be made in this case.
UPDATE (September 3, 2019 7:00 p.m.):
Seven Suspects Arrested in Cuellar Homicide
Seven suspects, including one juvenile charged as an adult, have been charged with first degree murder in the death of Daniel Alejandro Alvarado Cuellar, whose body was found in the grass near an apartment building on Loch Raven Boulevard on July 31.
Detectives from the Baltimore County Police Homicide Unit determined that Cuellar was the intended victim of a planned murder involving the seven suspects. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has ruled the death a homicide by multiple sharp force injuries. The motive for this homicide remains under investigation.
All seven suspects remain held without bail in the Baltimore County Detention Center following bail review hearings and are identified as follows:
- Jonathan Escobar-Hernandez (20) of the 500 block of Castle Drive, 21212
- Marlon Leonardo Fabian-Flores (20) of the 4700 block of Hanover Pike, 21102
- Edwin Edgardo Garcia-Martir (18) of the unit block of Sargent Court, 21220
- Hugo Portillo-Chavez (31) of the 200 block of Hogarth Circle, 21030
- Jose Fausto Rivera-Coreas (19) of the 1000 block of Misty Lynn Circle, 21030
- Odaliz Rosas-Yanez (20) of the 600 block of Knollcrest Place, 21030
- Leonel Alexander Velasquez-Hernadez (16) of the 900 block of Cranbrook Road, 21230
UPDATE (August 1, 2019 1:50 p.m.):
Baltimore County Police have identified the victim in yesterday's homicide on Loch Raven Boulevard as Daniel Alejandro Alvarado Cuellar (21) of the 8400 block of Loch Raven Boulevard, 21234.
Detectives from the Baltimore County Homicide Unit are continuing their investigation into the circumstances surrounding the man's death.
Original Release (July 31, 2019 3 p.m.):
Police Investigating Homicide After Man's Body Found with Trauma
Baltimore County Police are investigating after a deceased man was found lying near a building in the 8400 block of Loch Raven Boulevard this morning.
Police were dispatched to the scene at 3:31 a.m. where they found the body of the victim, a 21-year-old man, suffering undetermined trauma to the body. The body has been transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine cause and manner of death, but police are investigating this incident as a homicide.
Anyone who may have seen or heard anything unusual in that area overnight is asked to contact detectives from the Baltimore County Police Homicide Unit at 410-307-2020. Callers may remain anonymous. Callers may also be eligible for a reward when submitting tips through Metro Crime Stoppers.
Metro Crime Stoppers, an organization that is separate from the Baltimore County Police Department and Baltimore County Government, offers rewards for information in connection with felony offenses.
Anonymous tips can be sent to Metro Crime Stoppers by phone, online or via mobile app.
Web tip: www.metrocrimestoppers.org