Soft southwesterly winds and sunny skies are forecast for the Denver metro area on Wednesday.
The high temperature is expected to hit around 91 degrees. Southwesterly winds between 5 to 7 mph are forecast, said the National Weather Service in Boulder.
A Red Flag Warning is in effect in the mountains from noon until 8 p.m. on Wednesday. Dry conditions and winds gusting up to 35 mph are expected, the NWS said.
“Outdoor burning is extremely discouraged in the high country,” the NWS said.
It will be hot & dry across the region. Gusty winds to 35 mph possible in the mountains, with a Red Flag Warning is in effect from noon to 8 pm. Outdoor burning is extremely discouraged in the high country. Temperatures will be into the lower 90s for Denver. #cowx pic.twitter.com/7AFYBvgMi6
— NWS Boulder (@NWSBoulder) August 28, 2019
Denver’s Thursday forecast is almost identical to Wednesday, with a high of 91 degrees and soft southwesterly winds predicted once again, the NWS said.
There’s about a 10 percent chance of rain showers and thunderstorms early Friday morning before 3 a.m. The likelihood for rain increases to 40 percent in the afternoon and 50 percent in the evening, the NWS said. The high temperature should be about 86 degrees.
Temperatures will climb over the Labor Day weekend from highs of 86 on Saturday, to 95 degrees by Labor Day.